Annons:
Taggeneral-discussion
Read 1894 times
Evelina
2019-02-02 15:46

Tech Valentine's present ideas?

Does anyone have any ideas to give to my boyfriend for valentine's day? He is hard to buy presents for because he is really content but he loves tech things. I normally buy him chocolate. Laughing out loud He has been talking about a smart light system.

Annons:
Niklas
2019-02-04 10:51

We have Philips Hue installed in most of our house. I like it. My thought behind getting it was mostly energy saving, although I’m not sure it does. Automation is neat. Having some lights turn on when the sun goes down and gradually making them brighter as it gets darker outside and then having them automatically turn off when they aren’t needed, or being able to turn them all off or on with one tap. And when you are not at home you can have the lights simulate human interaction with them. Also, everyone can control the lights with their phones and tablets. Wall mounted light switches are obsolete. But good chocolate is nice. 🙂

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Niklas
2019-02-04 10:55

I wrote a bit about Philips Hue here:

» How to make your home smart with Philips Hue

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2019-02-04 23:42

I know you can get affordable colour changing light bulbs from Amazon that you can pair with your 'Alexa', google home or smartphone! If you're looking to keep the price down this may be a good alternative 🙂

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Max
2019-02-06 02:46

Personally I never give or receive presents for Valentines (mostly I do roll over Christmases as well). Does he have a drone? It's the kind of thing that OBE would be a little shy of buying for oneself but you can get very cheap ones now courtesy of DJI (who apparently have 70 per cent of the drone market).

Niklas
2019-02-07 12:15

#4: Drones doesn’t even have to be very expensive. 20 USD can get you a simple but working one and 100 USD one you can do lots of fun things with.

» Parrot Mambo is a fun programmable beginner drone

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2019-02-09 18:27

#1 #2 The video on your article might not be working anymore. How much did it cost to implement? He mainly just wants to be able to control it from his phone. 

#3 Ok thanks!

#4 He actually has a little cheap drone which he uses to play with our cats! Its pretty funny.

Annons:
Niklas
2019-02-10 16:54

#6: Sorry about the video. I don't remember which one it was so I can't replace it. I guess we may have paid perhaps 500 USD. You may not need all that we have. I would suggest starting with one of the base kits to see if it's what you want. The cheapest one is about 70 USD. Then he can control two lamps with his phone and add accessories as needed.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2019-02-10 18:03

#7 Ok I'll check it out! Ill probably let him figure it all out since I don't know what's up haha. I think a gift card might be better Laughing out loud

Niklas
2019-02-12 11:54

Gift cards always work. 🙂

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Max
2019-02-12 12:47

In Asia Cash is King but that rather undermines the point of it especially if he gives you cash as well. Just buy him a pair of socks. You can't go wrong with socks.

This post has been removed
Scroll to top
Annons: