Annons:
Taggeneral-discussion
Read 2243 times
Niklas
2019-03-20 12:14

Which charges faster, USB-C to USB-A or C to C?

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

I have a power bank (see link below) which needs charging via USB-C. I usually charge it with a USB-C to USB-A cable. Is that as fast as if I would charge it with a USB-C to USB-C cable?

The charger I have is an Anker Powerport with one 30 Watt USB-C port and 4 PowerIQ supported USB-A ports (see below). I have a feeling it may be quicker to charge it with a USB-C to USB-C cable from the 30 Watt port.

» Anker Premium 60W 5-Port Desktop Charger with One 30W Power Delivery Port, and 4 PowerIQ Ports

» Anker PowerCore+ 20100 USB-C, 20100mAh External Battery, 6A Output Type-C Port

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Leia
2019-03-21 01:23

You lost me at USB-C!Horrified Could you please explain the difference between the letters ?Confused

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Niklas
2019-03-21 14:25
Image 1. Click to open in original size.

Haha, sorry! I won't try to explain the technical differences between them, but the attached photo shows what USB-A, USB-C and micro USB-B connectors look like. They are all male connectors.

I am sure you have at least one or two of these at home. USB-A is the most common and you can find it in one end on many USB peripherals. USB-C is used more and more. The charger for new MacBooks use USB-C. New iPad Pro also use USB-C. Micro USB-B has been very common. Many smartphones not made by Apple used them for charging and synching. They were also common on computer peripherals.

For the technical specifications, visit Wikipedia:

» USB - Wikipedia

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2019-03-22 00:29

#2 oh right, sorry I’m not very tech savvy 🙈! The picture you shared illustrates it very well, so Thankyou 🙂. I would have never have thought to question if the connectors affect charging times! Surely it can’t be by any notable and drastic amount🤔

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Niklas
2019-03-22 12:38

Maybe I will have to do some real-life testing. 🙂

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Scroll to top
Annons: