Annons:
Taggaming-gadgets
Read 2033 times
jordan
2019-03-22 00:40

Google Stadia

Two days ago saw the announcement of Google's latest invention - Stadia.

Building on the momentum of services such as Netflix, Google's offering has them not streaming films or TV shows, but Video Games from their cloud servers.

Among their reveal was the promise of 4K, as well as no-latency from their servers direct to your choice of controller.

Personally I am a little skeptical of the service, as I think it has come too soon. I do not think (in the UK at least), that people will have the internet to be able to stream without a notable decrease in the quality due to input delay, as well as the fact that streaming a game and playing online will be borderline impossible for nearly everyone.

What do you think? Is this the future?

Annons:
[Joab]
2019-03-22 08:22

I think it might be the future. A lot of other computer processing in other areas is already taking place in the cloud. Why can not the same be for games? I agree that a fast internet connection is a requirement. Have you seen any figures on what internet connection speed is required? Maybe the graphics quality of the games will adjust to the speed of your connection?

jordan
2019-03-25 23:35

#1 With a few days of demoing gone, some have had their say on it. From this perspective, they argue that the latency on the game feels closer to 200 m/s compared to 50-70 from a PC. That is the closest we have so far with Stadia, although I have tried a similar service in PS Now and my 70MB down 20MB up was not enough to play at 1080p 60fps.

[Joab]
2019-03-26 08:37

I see. Seems there is some work left to be done. At least in order to make it possible to play fast pace action games then.

jordan
2019-03-29 18:01

#3 Yeah, I think it's definitely too soon. Most places cannot get 100MB/s internet yet, which I think would be a good level for something as network intensive as this. Luckily though, it seems to be sooner rather than later that this might happen.

Scroll to top
Annons: