Annons:
Tag3d-printers
Read 2331 times
Niklas
2019-03-25 10:51

A 3D-printed Apple Watch stand

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

I didn't like the magnetic charging dock of my Apple Watch laying loose on the bedside table. The weight of the cord often dragged it down on the floor, and it looked messy.

Thingiverse is a community where you can share your 3D designs with the world. That means when you need something 3D-printed, that often is where you look before you design it yourself. I searched for “Apple Watch stand” and found several different ones. One had a design I found good enough, so I asked my brother, the university educated 3D-designer in the family, to print it in white. The next day he came over with the result. See attached photo. We live in an exciting world where it feels like anything is possible. 🙂

» JDO Apple Watch Stand by Oostmeijer - Thingiverse

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Leia
2019-03-25 22:29

Wow! That's amazing!!Horrified  Can I ask how much would it cost to have 3D printed this? You're lucky you have your brother, I don't know anywhere I could go if I wanted something printed.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Niklas
2019-03-26 13:34

1-kilo filament (the plastic material you use to print) cost 15 to 20 USD. The watch stand weighs very little, less than 100 gram, I think. I don't know how much electricity it took to print it, but probably not a lot. In my opinion, it is cheap to print 3D. Especially compared to buying things.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2019-03-27 01:23

#2 Wow! I was expecting it to be a lot more, I wonder why isn’t more popular if that’s he case🤔.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Niklas
2019-03-27 10:09

I think that is due to many things. The printers themselves are still quite costly. Writing 3D things is probably perceived as a techie thing, not for ordinary people. Also, I think the usefulness of being able to do this hasn't been communicated in an efficient way, and I am not helping when I tell you that I printed a stand for a gadget that few even has. 🙂 If we can instead show how it helps in everyday life, people would slowly change their minds.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Scroll to top
Annons: