Annons:
Tagsmart-watches
Read 1720 times
Leia
2019-05-07 16:32

Apple Watch, is it worth it?

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

Hello!

I am currently on my final stretch at university and by the end of this month, I will be finished and graduating come July!

I've been contemplating buying an Apple Watch as a gift to myself for my hard work over the past four years. I've had a look an I would be able to afford a second hand Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS) for around £200 with a warranty,  I think a series 4 would be out of my budget!

I was wondering if you think an Apple watch is worth it? Do you have any experience with them? is a series 3 worth it? what size/colour would you recommend? 

Photo by Luke Chesser on Unsplash

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Annons:
Evelina
2019-05-07 16:54

What would you want to use it for exactly? I love using my Garmin watch for weight lifting and running or hiking. I notice I use the watch itself just for checking the time quite a lot (I especially notice when I forget to charge it 😅or put it on). My friend said she loves using her Apple Watch to play music while training (my watch doesn’t have this feature because it was more expensive). This she doesn’t need to carry her phone around the gym. If I were to buy another smart watch, I would switch to Apple for the aesthetic appeal. The square face used to bother me but I think the screen itself looks much more modern than my garmin watch

Niklas
2019-05-08 12:16
Image 1. Click to open in original size.

#0: I have series 3 and also got an original Apple Watch when they were launched. To me, it's definitely worth it. It keeps me on track when it comes to physical movement. It reminds me to get enough training, calorie burn and not sitting too much every day. The second thing I use it for (except telling time) is notifications. A more passive use of it is the heartbeat measurements. I like that I have gotten to know my regular heartbeat pattern. It also notifies me if my heart rhythm is behaving strangely like if I seem to be doing nothing and the rhythm is unusually high. I can also follow my heart BPMs historically and see it change if I step up or down my activity. There are other things I use it for as well. I would like to have the EKG feature of the Apple Watch series 4, but that will be later. I bought the series 3 last year so it will have to do now. The cellular connectivity doesn't really add anything to my life. I probably will discontinue that subscription. All in all, I have had an Apple Watch for about four years and don't see myself stop using one anytime soon.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2019-05-08 15:51

#1 While being a uni, I have spent most of my time behind a desk or in a classroom and have become a very inactive personYawning I think the activity tracker would give me the motivation to move and do more exercise especially now I'll have more time to do so!  I've heard there are better alternatives for fitness than apple (e.g. fitbit, garmin) but because I see that as a benefit rather than its purpose so that would suit me fine!

The music feature for the Apple watch is definitely a big attraction as I love listening to music and I will be moving in with my boyfriends family so it will be good to able to clean and move from room to room while listening to music without disturbing them! But I'm guessing your friend has Earpods for that?

#2 The notifications was a big one for me! I find when my partner and I are apart I'm constantly checking my phone, however, when we are together I'm barely on it!

I always tend to leave it in the car or lose it in the house and have to rush to find it before going anywhere (I have made us late many a time ). Because of this I often miss calls or texts from friends or mum and miss out on things, so I do truly believe I would benefit from the notifications but others have said you get notifications from your phone so it's not worth it, but do you think the notifications feature has benefitted you greatly? Also, the find your phone button would be a lot more convenient in that situation rather than signing in through other devices! 

But do you think the heart tracker is reliable and how long does the battery last?

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Evelina
2019-05-08 15:56

My friend as bosch wireless headphones for the gym!

Niklas
2019-05-08 19:39

#3: I wouldn't say that notifications has benefited me greatly, but conveniently. 🙂 I'm not as dependent on notifications. Since you have a Mac as well, you can let the watch unlock it when you come close. That is convenient. The heart rate tracker is very accurate if you wear the watch as proposed. For me, the battery lasts about a day and a half on one charge.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Scroll to top
Annons: