Annons:
Tagsmart-phones
Read 1705 times
Niklas
2019-05-23 13:53

21 ways to use your old but working smartphone

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

You are not alone if you buy a new phone before the old one has completely broken down. I do too. So, what should you do with your old phones if you don’t want to throw them away? Here are some suggestions:

1. Give it to a family member, friend or stranger with lower smartphone performance requirements.

2. Use it as a dash cam in your car or on your bike. There are several apps for this. ‎OsmAnd DVR for iPhone and iPad is one of my favorites. AutoGuard Dash Cam is an alternative for Android phones.

3. Use it as a surveillance camera. AlfredCamera is an app many like.

4. Use it as an advanced alarm clock. Get a nice stand and put it beside your bed.

5. Use it as an emergency phone in your summer house or car. Get a cheap call plan.

6. Use it as a permanent car GPS. Get a charging cord and car mount. The GPS is already in the phone.

7. Use it as a baby monitor. Get a baby cam app.

8. Use it as a remote control for Apple TV. Get the app: ‎Apple TV Remote

9. Use it to control your smart home accessories. There are apps for Apple Home, Philips Hue, Nest products, and many more.

10. Use it as a TV and video hub. Get the right cable and connect it to a computer monitor or TV.

11. Use it as a game device. It will still be able to play thousands of great games, like Angry Birds and Candy Crush Saga. Your kids will love it if they haven’t got a phone.

12. Use it as a “Walkman”. Fill it with music, audiobooks and radio apps. Spotify, Apple Music or YouTube Music, for instance.

13. Control your home server with an app like ‎VNC Viewer. There are similar apps for Android. Search for VNC client.

14. Use it for portable internet access. Get a mobile broadband plan and share the internet connection with your computer or tablet. You can even put it in the car to have a permanent internet hot spot.

15. Use it as a backup phone. Chances are you have the same cell phone carrier on all devices in your home. Get a cheap call plan from another carrier in case the primary one run into technical issues.

16. Use it as a car music hub. Get an AUX cable and fill it with your favorite music.

17. Use it as a podcasting sound recorder. If you want better sound, get a good microphone.

18. Use it as a party cam. Put it on a table and invite your guests to take photos.

19. Use it as an “ask me anything” device. Remove all apps and install your favorite smart assistant app to get instant answers to trivia questions, settle bets or get the correct spelling of a word.

20. Sell it if its worth anything.

21. Recycle your phone by giving it back to Apple or whoever you bought it from.

Do you have a suggestion that’s not on the list? Comment below.

(Photo by Nicolas Thomas at Unsplash)

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Leia
2019-05-24 00:38

I have benefitted greatly from generous family and friends passing it down, if your in position where you can afford to give it away to someone in need I really urge you to do so!

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Emo
2019-05-24 04:23

Very interesting. Thank you, Niklas.

My website: American version
Min hemsida: Svensk version

Evelina
2019-05-24 15:40

Good ideas! 💡🧐

Scroll to top
Annons: