Annons:
Tag:ย smart-home-devices
Read 2086 times
Niklas
2019-05-24 15:29

What can Google Home do alone?

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

Is a Google Home device of any use if you only give it internet access? No smart home devices, no computers or phones. Does it need a Google account or can it work without one?

Best regards, Niklas ๐ŸŽˆ

Annons:
jordan
2019-05-27 22:23

I don't have a Google Home, but I do own the Amazon Echo Dot, which I think is a similar device. 

I do think they are useful to have, and often you would use it for more mundane tasks that are not absolutely essential, but good to know. For me, I use it to tell me the weather in the morning, set alarms and timers, and as a speaker as it allows access to online radio stations or a Spotify account. I imagine Google Home would only access their own music service, mind.

Niklas
2019-05-28 10:43

Thank you! I bought one to find out myself. Without a Google account and the Google Home app, you can't do anything, but if you log into Google and install the Google Home app you can do some interesting things. It is cleverly made in that the more freedom you give it the more Help it can give you. I will write a review later. ๐Ÿ™‚

Best regards, Niklas ๐ŸŽˆ

jordan
2019-05-29 00:41

#2 Ah excellent! I'm excited to read about it. I do wonder how it compares, as any competition in the field will only make the products better over time!

Scroll to top
Annons:
ย