Annons:
Taggaming-gadgets
Read 2070 times
jordan
2019-06-11 02:36

Dualshock 4 Support Announced for iOS 13

While it may not have headlined the news regarding Apple's upcoming iOS update this Autumn, the change I am looking most forward to is the fact that the Dualshock 4, Sony's premier controller for the PS4, will be supported on ALL Apple devices!

While this is a good thing for the upcoming Apple Arcade, as well as the many brilliant titles currently available on the App Store, there is another reason why this update is particularly interesting.

The recent additon of Remote Play from Sony on Apple Devices allows one to control their console from the App, however as mentioned in my mini review, the controls on the iPad are fiddly, unresponsive and do not contribute to a positive gaming experience. The promise of a latency free connection with official controllers means that Remote Play may soon be a viable option!

What stood out for you in iOS 13? Is this something you think you will try out?

Annons:
[Joab]
2019-06-11 09:16

The added Support for PS4 controllers sounds great! The features in iOS 13 I look forward to is faster face ID unlock, dark theme, and faster app launching. I don't care so much for new memojis and animojis which I think have got too much focus in recent iOS upgrades. I guess it is because I don't use iMessage at all since there are better and platform independent messaging apps.

[Joab]
2019-06-11 09:42

Now I read that in IOS 13, Apple has removed the limitations that previously made it impossible for app creators to provide Siri Support. So I look forward to managing Spotify using Siri!

Niklas
2019-06-11 10:25

My main takeaway from the WWDC 2019 keynote on iOS 13 was iPadOS (!). Letting iPad have its own operating system will be great. I can imagine the smaller app sizes in iOS 13 in large part is a result of not having to accommodate for iPad in the same app package. Anyway, iPadOS will be another great jump forward for iPad.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

jordan
2019-06-12 22:30

#1 Dark mode has been a heavily requested addition, so I'm happy for those who have their wish granted soon! Do you think you will be more tempted to use iMessage now with the upcoming overhaul?

jordan
2019-06-12 22:34

#2 If I can use Siri the same way I can use Amazon Alexa then that would be wonderful!

#3 I'm also excited for it! The added Support for mouses means that soon enough there will be no excuse to have a laptop at the same time as an iPad.

Scroll to top
Annons: